Although we often think of minerals such as calcium and phosphorus as being beneficial for our tooth enamel, fluoride is also generally considered by many an extremely useful tool in the battle against tooth decay. For information concerning fluoride, consider this:
– Fluoride supplements are available as lozenges, pill, tablets, and drops.
– Fluoride has only been deemed harmful in very large quantities, so it should be avoided completely with infants.
– Fluoride can often be purchased in toothpaste, mouthwash, professional cleanings by your dentist, and in pill form.
– Fluoride is often added to treatments as a supplementary oral health treatment, but it is also naturally found in bodies of water all around the globe.
– Fluoride products that are tested are those that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance given out by the American Dental Association.
– Fluoride works to defend your tooth enamel from dental erosion and cavities, which is why it has been added to the public water supply.
If you notice signs of tooth decay, fortunately, it can be treated. Dayton Comprehensive Dentistry remains committed to your oral health, and you are welcome to book an appointment with us by calling (937) 253-3601. Dr. Cory Sellers, Dr. Ryan Platt, Dr. Caitlin Lochtefeld, & Dr. Michael Lochtefeld in Springboro, Dayton, and Kettering, Ohio, are pleased to help you with all of your oral health needs. Make the change you seek in yourself today!