When preparing for a tooth extraction, it is important to focus on recovery methods for your smile after surgery. Although an extraction is relatively minor, there are plenty of things you can do to speed the recovery along.
Prepare your summer smile with these important tooth extraction tips. Listed below are some important guidelines to better prepare you for a tooth extraction recovery:
– Smoking delays recovery time from an extraction so quit smoking, or give it up for at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– It is important for your body to rest and relax after surgery, so try to avoid all forms of exercise and fitness, to give your body time to heal.
– If your dentists in Springboro, Dayton and Kettering, Ohio, have given you directions for recovery, follow them exactly as advised, and if any problems or concerns arise, be sure to let them know about it.
– Set forth a plan well in advance of your tooth extraction procedure to guarantee you have the best chance of success before, during, and after the procedure.
– If excessive swelling occurs, use an ice pack or medications as given by your dentists.
– To prevent yourself from choking, do not eat until the general anesthetic completely wears off.
If you would like to learn more about tooth extractions and to book a professional examination with Dayton Comprehensive Dentistry, contact us. Our number is . Dr. Sellers, Dr. Platt, Dr. Lochtefeld, and Dr. Lochtefeld and our entire team look forward to your visit.