Are you familiar with the links between pregnancy and your oral health? Due to the fact that a pregnancy can greatly increase your risk for several types of oral hygiene and oral health risks, you will need to improve and enhance your cleaning care and lifestyle to prevent further dental damage while you are pregnant. Listed below are common tips to protect your smile while pregnant:
- If you are pregnant, you could be at an increased risk for gum disease.
- It is important to let your dentist know that you are pregnant and alert them of any prenatal vitamins or medications that you may be taking.
- Do not eliminate or forsake your cleaning habits, as they are extremely important even when you are pregnant. Continue to clean your mouth daily.
- Work on your diet while pregnant to lower your risk for oral health ailments that may arise due to poor oral health.
- Always make sure you are visiting your dentist for routine checkups and examinations for your smile, even when you’re pregnant.
If you are currently pregnant, speak with Dayton Comprehensive Dentistry at (937) 253-3601 to see which treatments are right for you. If you are in need of a dentist in Springboro, Dayton, and Kettering, Ohio, you can schedule an oral examination with our dentists and team at our dental offices.